Sunday, May 31, 2015

CEP 800 Blog Assignment 1 (The Interview)

Blog assignment #1, Interview Podcast

As a Special Educator, this assignment put me in a different, probably best described as uncomfortable situation.  My background is Emotional Impairments, so there is an emphasis on developing relationships with students, knowing about them and what makes them tick.  Along with this, I am a Teacher Consultant, so I spend time working with my colleagues to help them come up with ways to make new concepts and lessons click for the kids.  I do a good deal of adapting and accommodating.  All this being said, I don't have a specific subject matter that I teach or specialize in, because I have to support all curriculum at the high school level in order to help my students pass classes and move forward toward graduation.  Whether it be reading, writing, math, science, foreign language, or vocational classes, I have to do my best to support my students.  
So coming into this, I found myself trying to come up with a topic which I felt as though I spent the most time helping my students with and one which had been somewhat consistent over the course of their academic careers.  The subject I chose was the writing process, though I chose to interview individuals who were out of high school, removed by no more than 3 years.  I also chose to interview students/former students who I knew to be academically confident, at the very least, in the area of writing, in hopes of eliciting a more thorough response.  Only one of the interviews made the cut as one of the students fell ill and the other got stuck out of town.  I found the experience to be enjoyable, albeit tedious while learning the editing software.
By most standards the writing process is about 5 steps, though some sources go into more detail, for all intents and purposes, the following interview(s) will be looking for an "rough" outline of the following:

1. Prewriting
2. Drafting
3. Revising and Editing
4. Rewriting
5. Publishing

Steps provided by ReadWriteThink.org

CEP 800 Podcast Interview- The Writing Process



No comments:

Post a Comment